Saturday, November 24, 2007

Peer pressure

I was reading over some old blog entries from when I started running a few years ago and had quite a chuckle over this one so I thought I'd bring it forward once again.  Based on some of the severe weather our Running Club has gladly faced since January, I've either become more dedicated, or I am in fact, a dummy.

___________________________


I'm no dummy.


This morning I woke up, looked out and went back to bed.  It was raining sideways with a temperature of plus 2. I'm no dummy.  


While I love the idea of training for a big race, I'm not going to subject myself to these conditions. I often see people running in weather like this and while some would say it exemplifies dedication and determination, I think it represents poor judgement or perhaps even temporary insanity. 


I was happy to dedicate this morning to my pillow.

No comments: